Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Process of Making a Linoleum Block Print.

Here is a beetle linoleum block print.  I am starting to try and develop some ideas for our little guy.
I am inking the linoleum block.
I thought I would print on some different surfaces than I usually would.  This is on canvas.
This is a print of the beetle on paper.
Here is a beetle linoleum block print.  I am starting to try and develop some ideas for our little guy.
Print on wood veneer.
This print is on acetate.  I am trying to make up faux transparencies to practice coloring.
This is a color study on the wood print. I used acrylic, watercolor and pastel to color it in.  I am noticing too much bleed from this water based printing ink.  I also don't like it when I cover too much of the block printed line with the paint.  It looks a bit messy. I love the colors though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment